Losing It All

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What a Slacker!!!!

So I am a giant slacker. Apparently it has been six months since I last blogged. Wow I feel like I am at confession. And I'm not even catholic! I'll bet you all thought that I had given up and crashed and burned. Well I didn't! Yea! Granted I haven't met any of my goals, I have continued to go to the gym 2 - 3 times per week. I am usually there for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

So now I feel like I am starting over. It sucks. Although, I did manage to go on vacation and lose weight. I think I was more surprised than anyone else! Especially since we ordered room service on the hotels dollar every night. But that's another story from another time.

I recently purchased a new membership at my gym. I was using what they call a ten punch pass.... you get 10 visits for $42 and some change. (It only lasted 2 1/2 weeks) However they were offering a summer special that was three months unlimted for $135 dollars. Now that is a deal that I couldn't pass up. So I didn't. And now I am going to the gym 5 days a week. It's only been two weeks, but I have been sticking to it. I have even been going to a step arobics class early on Saturday mornings. (I get up earlier for this class then I do for work, if that says anything about dedication)

So I restarted my hard core diet again. I have to say it was much easier this time then it was last time. But this time I don't have a group to help me. Everyone else fizzled out and stopped going to the gym. One of the girls is getting a gastric bypass. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But it's not me so I don't think I am entitled to an opinion.

Anyway.... last night I really wanted a cookie. And I know what you all are thinking... what harm could a cookie do???? really. But I have the problem of not being able to stop at just one. And it wasn't just any cookie that I wanted. I wanted a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. mmmmm. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Anyway. I had enough will power to say no to the cookie! yea! I opted to go for a granola bar instead. Yippee! And I didn't even have anyone to talk me out of the cookie. Although I tried.... no one answered the phone. But I managed to talk myself out of it. (I talked myself of the ledge as I like to say)

So with the re-initiation of the diet comes a new dedication to writing in my blog. I will try to remain more loyal to this blog. Six months is a long time! And I think it will help keep me motivated. Well at least that's the plan.

Even if all I have to say is "I didn't eat the cookie"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google