Losing It All

Monday, July 17, 2006

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays!!!

Have I ever mentioned that I don't like Monday's? Just checking. Because I really don't like Monday's. Okay moving on. I had a good weekend. More active than I thought it would be. I went dancing on Friday night. I figured just because it was a day off from the gym didn't mean that I had to do nothing. It was a good time. It was nice to get out of the house and do something fun. On Saturday, I decided to do what I call a burnout at the gym. And oh boy did I remember why I called it that. Basically, you run three laps around the gym track and then you lift weights on one of the machines and then you run three laps on the track and lift on a machine and you repeat it until there aren't any machines left. Basically you end up running about 3 1/2 miles and lifting a whole lot. Lemme tell ya' when I was finished with that I deserved a day off of my diet. I decided on a happy meal and a blizzard. They have so many commercials on TV for those damn things that I just had to have one. Well, that and it was over 100 degrees all weekend. (Too hot in my opinion). So I can honestly say.... I didn't have the cookie. tehehe. Maybe next Saturday.

I have changed my diet since I first started this whole thing. I was trying to cut carbs, but that is really difficult. I love carbs. Now I am trying something that I read in Good Housekeeping. And well, I guess it's a little bit of everywhere. I am trying to eat small portions of food every three hours to keep my blood sugar stable and to keep my metabolism up. And I honestly think that it is harder to eat all the time then to cut carbs out of your diet completely. I am overly busy all the time at work and it is difficult to stop to make time to eat. But I have been doing it. It seems to be working. I don't get super hungry now, which is good because I used to. And when I do get hungry I'm not tempted to binge. I will let you all know on Wednesday how it is actually working. Although I was tempted to weigh myself this weekend I don't weigh in until Wednesday.

Oh and bonus for me.... someone comented on my weight loss. My friends boyfriend that I had only met once on the fourth of July went dancing with me on Friday. And he asked if I had lost weight. My friend hadn't even told him!!! Yippee! Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google