Losing It All

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Water??????

So I was driving to work this morning and listening to the radio (yeah I know whoopdy doo) and they were talking about water consumption. They were talking about how 75% of all Americans are dehydrated. And I was thinking... well that's not me... I drink a lot of water. Well I was sadly mistaken!!!! I knew that coffee was not good for you, especially since it is diuretic. Well anyway the Doctor that they were talking to said that everyone should drink eight 8 oz. glasses of water per day. Well that is 64 oz. I do that easily. The part that I didn't know was that for every 8 oz drink you have that is caffinated you need to replace that 8oz and drink 4 more ounces. Well I drink a 24 oz cup of coffee every morning. So that would make my water requirement the basic 64 oz. and 36 more ounces to replace the water lost by the cup of coffee that I have in the morning. That is 100 oz of water a day! Wow! I don't even know if I have enough time in the day to drink that much water. And if I drink tea (also a huge fan of tea) I have to drink even more water!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh! At that rate I am going to have to get one of those squishy toilet seats because I will be spending so much time in the bathroom! Just kidding. I can't picture myself with a squishy toilet seat (although, when visiting older relatives that is quite nice). Well I guess that works out to just about 10 oz of water an hour if you are awake for 16 hours, but that is a lot of water!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Moose said…

    What is the ratio if you have a beer or a glass of wine

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Pollee said…

    The only problem with the squishy toilet seats is that when you sit on them, you can hear the air going out of them...pfftt!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Cruella said…

    From what I have been able to find it is the same ratio for caffinated beverages and beverages. I will continue looking into this and let you know what I find.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Cruella said…

    Sorry I meant it is the same with alcoholic beverages and caffinated beverages.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google